Entertainment is an important aspect of our life. The entertainment unit is the central part of living, drawing or dining room. We cannot imagine living room or bedroom without TV. Now TV is not only a utility but has become a fashion statement. Entertainment units cover TV cabinet, showcase and other utility furniture. Think about buying the latest model LED or transparent TV without the fitting background and support. No matter how good the interior of the room is but TV unit is a functional décor which defines the room interiors
Earlier People have very limited options withT V stand and good-looking TV. Due to advancement in technology We Have LCD, LED some unusual transparent TV screen, very Sleek TV, modern TV with a variety of looks, styles and latest features. Today we have end number of choices with units and TV.
Today the TV unit is just not a piece of furniture instead it carries the functional and aesthetic value. TV units are available in the variety of sizes and styles. TV unit not only adds décor to your room but also provides space for keeping CDs Magazines, etc. Some TV units have built in the box with glass door or built in shelves, some TV cabinets have wooden doors etc. There are multiple of options.
Here we have shared some key factors for designing a TV unit-
Design the TV cabinet in such a way that it should go with the décor of the room.
While fixing a new TV, wall TV mount saves space and gives ultra-modern look. Some TV wall mounts come with the security feature that padlocks the Tv to the wall.
The look of TV cabinet has changed since many years. Different types of woods are used in Tv Cabinets like Cherry, Maple, Oak, Rosewood, Mango, Teak, Sal and much more. The look is different with different types of wood used in making T V unit.
The TV cabinet should be multi-functional for extra storage space.
Choose wallpaper as per the décor of the room and the T V unit. It should complement in both ways.
- The modular TV designs come with lighting and ambience. Both changes the entire look and feel of the room. There are fancy lights, ceiling lights and standing lamps, which will work wonders for the room. There are funky lights like LED lighting which will change the look of TV cabinet.
- Design your wall with the unique display area for your TV, have the nice wallpaper or bricks or quirky patterns and mount the TV on it. You can also paint the wall with a colour similar to the rest of the wall and add a little bit of accent light to make it look good and highlight the wall texture.
- Making the TV unit chunky is no more in fashion. One can opt to keep things sleek as possible.
- Extra wide shelves below or above the TV compliments the décor. It is a traditional TV console.
- Try to go for custom made furniture as it goes as per your taste and other living room furniture and sofa.
- It is not recommended to mount the TV on any of the walls. One of the modern ways is to create TV unit as wall divider with wooden slats attached to steel poles. For e.g. you can design a free standing Modern TV stand that not only holds a TV but also divides the kitchen and dining session from the living room. They go from floor to ceiling and TV is easy to mount on them. Avoid having shelves as it obstructs the way of living room and another area.
- It is recommended to frame the TV with the combination of furniture and wall art. One can hang a framed photo of different sizes on the TV wall. It gives a nice modern look.
- Floating TV cabinets are very practical and simple. They complement the TV mounted on the wall. The box like hanging shelves can be used horizontally and vertically to enhance the décor of the room. Use colour and texture that complements the Sofa and wall.
- Black and white or Grey and white is a good combo. Fit the TV in the centre of the wall. Try a black or grey background with white shelves and cabinetry.
- If one has a small room. Mount the TV on the wall at the comfortable height. Create an open shelf with the colour of the wall. This will give a spacious and ultra-modern look. Both shapes and built-in LED light with sleek shelves would fit into the smaller modern living room, bedroom, Dining or drawing room.
- Try the TV unit which matches with rest of the furniture. Use a neutral colour with adjacent accessories.
- The accent lighting makes the whole design stand out. No matter what design you choose one can give the modern look by sleek and stylish shelve with accent light.
- Try the combination of wood, steel and glass. It can fit with any style due to the variety of finishes.
- If you don’t have much space for all of the above décor then minimal TV stands are made to give modern look. It is space saving and storage friendly and can be mounted from floor to ceiling or floor to wall. It will give clean look.
The modern concept of TV cabinet designs is all about unusual shapes, materials and textures. The modern interior design has changed the concept of designing. The good TV cabinet doubles the pleasure of watching a TV with friends, family or alone. Try out some unique concept design to add life to your living room with some ultra-modern look. TV units has given a whole new look to the interiors of the home,